|OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program
Are You Ready?
Anyone who’s tried diets or weight loss plans knows all too well that finding long-term success can be a difficult task. Many plans and products offer rapid weight loss as a quick fix, but keeping the weight off turns out to be the bigger challenge.
The OPTIFAST® Weight Loss Program at Lakes Regional Healthcare provides a serious solution for weight loss. It combines comprehensive lifestyle education and medical monitoring with a high-quality meal replacement diet. Lakes Regional Healthcare’s program offers the support and services needed to truly make your weight loss successful, short term and long term. In collaboration with Seasons Center and the Bedell Family YMCA, Lakes Regional Healthcare takes a holistic approach to weight loss, providing the care you need from physical, medical, and behavioral perspectives. There are many built-in support systems in the program to help you stay motivated, committed, and successful.
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program is successful because it treats the whole you – not just your weight. We partner with you to create a customized plan to reach your goals. OPTIFAST is a clinically proven weight loss program with documented outcomes in more than 80 studies.
One study of 20,000 patients showed:
• 52 pound average weight loss
• 29 percent decrease in blood glucose
• 15 percent decrease in cholesterol
• 10 percent decrease in blood pressure
The program is designed for people who have a Body Mass Index greater than 35 and have more than 50 pounds of weight to lose. It is an 18 week program that is broken down into two parts:
Phase 1: Active Weight Loss (Weeks 1-12)
In this phase, you’ll consume OPTIFAST meal replacement products while being monitored weekly by our physician. You’ll also have a weekly class/support group meeting that is devoted to either behavior modification or exercise. In addition, you’ll also have a personalized, weekly exercise routine established (and may attend supervised group exercise sessions if you prefer), which can be done through your automatic membership at the Bedell Family YMCA during the 18-week long program session.
Phase 2: Transition (Weeks 13-18)
In this phase, you’ll consume OPTIFAST products and slowly transition to self-prepared foods. You will continue to be monitored by our physician and weight loss program team. Weekly classes/support group meetings will address behavior modification, nutrition education, and lifestyle transformation.
Phase 3: Long-Term Maintenance (Weeks 18 and beyond)
You’ll be able to still attend classes/support group meetings, purchase OPTIFAST products if you prefer, and be weighed weekly to help keep you on track.
OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program Features:
• Focus on the whole you by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, dietitians, nurses, behavioral therapists, physical therapists, and wellness coaches.
• Weekly clinic visits with lifestyle, nutrition, and activity group counseling to help manage long-term weight loss
• Easy-to-follow full meal replacement during the active weight loss phase, followed by a gradual return to self-prepared foods
• Proven to reduce weight-related health conditions
• Free GOALS (Getting On Track And Living Smart) maintenance program after completion of the OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program.
Before you enter the OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program, you’ll have a medical assessment and receive an initial evaluation to determine if the program is right for you.
Why Meal Replacement?
Meal replacements can be an effective way to promote rapid, safe weight loss. Limiting the variety and quantity of foods you eat can help curb cravings and the temptation to overindulge in large portion sizes or foods with greater caloric content. However, not all meal replacements are the same. A nutritionally balanced meal replacement is essential to keeping you safe and healthy during rapid weight loss. The OPTIFAST products provide complete and balanced nutrition, high-quality protein, and 100 percent of the recommended daily intake (RDI) for vitamins and minerals in five servings per day. In the Active Weight Loss phase of our program, you’ll consume approximately 840 calories per day.
The products may include:
• Shakes and powders: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry
• Soups: chicken, tomato
• Nutrition bars: chocolate, chocolate and peanut butter, and berry
OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program Costs
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program is a serious, long-term weight management solution. The cost of the program is more expensive than other programs due to the length, complexity, and many facets of the program. In some instances you will need to purchase food, which will offset your cost. For more detailed information on the program cost, please attend a free information session.
The OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program cost includes:
• Educational materials
• Membership to the Bedell Family YMCA for 18 weeks
• Supervised group exercise sessions with a Bedell Family YMCA Wellness Coach (3 per week)
• Weekly Physician Visits
• Nutrition Consults with a Lakes Regional Healthcare Registered Dietitian
• Weekly Health Assessments/Monitoring
• Weekly Group Counseling/Educational Sessions
• Meal Replacement Products
Other services required during the program are billed to your insurance. The program participant is responsible for the deductible, co-insurance, and co-pay requirements of their health insurance plan. The program participant is also responsible for the costs or benefits not covered by their health insurance plan. These other services include:
• Lab tests
• EKG(s) and interpretation
• History and physical provided by your personal physician
• Physical Therapy assessment(s)
Consider how much you spend on the following items per week:
• Average weekly grocery bill
• Lunches out
• Dinners out
• Snacks, coffee, etc.
• Medications due to being overweight
• Health care appointments due to being overweight
We offer flexible payment programs and accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards. You may be able to use your employer-provided flexible spending account (FSA) or medical savings plan (MSP) to help pay for the program. Most FSA cover the medical portion (not the meals) of the programs. Savings may vary depending on your income and tax bracket. Consult your employer health plan administrator or tax adviser for details about FSAs and MSPs.
Are you ready to start your journey?
Contact Lakes Regional Healthcare’s Weight Loss Program by calling 712-336-8785 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the schedule of upcoming information sessions, the first step to enrolling in the OPTIFAST Weight Loss Program.